You’ll recall this list started on January 30, 2014 so I’m about 6.5 months into this current challenge and I’m already very pleased with the goals I’ve reached; not necessarily because there have been so many of them but because there have been some major lifestyle changes!
Without further ado, here are 12 of the 15 goals I have completed thus far:
|Hiking up a mountain to climb a glacier – such a cool experience!|
|Do you see that BOB FREAKIN’ SEGER mentioned me?!|
- Most of those eight recipes are available on the recipe page – my favorite of those listed is a tie between the lasagna soup and the flank steak marinade (which both include beef)!
|That was some DELISH flank steak!|
You’ll notice that a lot of those goals are about living a more active, healthy lifestyle and trying new things, building relationships and growing as a person. Think I’m kidding? Look at some of these goals that I have started but not yet finished:
- Run 10 short distance races — 5 and 10Ks (1 – Manhattan St Patrick’s Day 10K; 2 – Color Run 5/31/14; 3 – The Amazing Grace 5K 7/5/14;
- Run 3 – half marathons (yes, you read that correctly) (1 – Glass City Half Marathon 4/27/14;
- Read the Bible from front to back (Old and New Testament) – Sharita showed me this great guide
- Triple the amount of $$ in my 401(k)
- Have zero credit card debt
- Cut my student loan debt in 1/2
- Make a ‘Recipes’ section on the blog and post 50 recipes
- Blog at least once per week for an entire year
- Fill a journal
- Read one book per month – revise and update book list to reflect what I’ve read
- Add 10 more books to our library (an actual printed copy) (1 – Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die by Willie Nelson; 2 – Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer; 3 – Thinking in Pictures: My Life with Autism by Temple Grandin; 4 – Animals Make Us Human by Temple Grandin;
Yes, I am apparently a “runner” again, although I really don’t like calling myself that. I haven’t used that phrase to describe myself since I graduated high school and stopped running cross country and track. But man, do I like being able to fit into jeans from my junior college years! I’ve also really enjoyed getting back into reading, something I haven’t been able to do “for fun” for about six years.
I’d like to do another update in three months or so, but if I haven’t accomplished more than a handful of goals by then, I may push it back. I really love lists and goals – this challenge keeps me accountable and gets me to try new things, step outside my comfort zone and do some exciting things!
So how are your lists coming? Have you achieved some of your goals? Weigh in below!
Until next time,
~ Buzzard ~