|That’s right, ladies|
But I came across this article on Huffington Post this morning and thought it would be a nice read for Friday and since my brain is still not quite functioning from being on vacation (I was in Belize for a week and it was beautiful), this is an easy but thoughtful post to fill your weekend reading.
The article discusses not making the normal resolutions of “lose weight” or “fall in love” which are all fine resolutions but we should always be striving for self-improvement; not just at the beginning of the year because it’s customary.
Which is why I have tangible resolutions for 2015 – I have gone through my 101 in 1001 list and picked out a few specific goals that are steps to leading a better overall quality of life – I’ve also added some goals that aren’t on my 101 list but contribute to the overarching theme.
Approaching my health as a whole, not just my physical health
– This includes working out 3x/week to stay fit but also realizing when I need a break to recuperate
– Sticking to my “read one book per month” goal. Reading keeps me sane, relaxes me, sharpens my intellect and gives me great ideas of my own for writing.
– Don’t eat dessert every day. Drink less than five sodas per week. Know when to say “no.”
Improving the FroBuzz marriage*
– Say “I love you” every day. Mean it.
– Praying with my husband
– Slow down. Talk about one non-work related topic every day.
*This does not mean I have a bad marriage; it means I want to keep strengthening it every day)
Get ‘er done*
– Write three book chapters in 2015
– Join a civic club in Manhattan
– Pay off credit card
– Take piano lessons
*Yes, I went there.
So? What do you think? Would love your thoughts, ideas and input.
I think 2015 will be the best year yet – don’t you?!
Until next time,
~ Buzzard ~