Life has been happening at breakneck speed in our little slice of Heaven. As a blogger I have failed you, dear readers, by not updating y’all regarding our life changes, issues updates or even pictures of my adorable dog. I apologize.
So I shall start at the beginning, because where else could I start? Here’s what’s going down with our family and if you make it through this update there is a 101 in 1001 checklist at the bottom.
|Bye bye Little Trailer on the Prairie – you’ve been good to us!|
1. We’re moving.
Yep – after living in Manhattan for almost a decade we are moving to southeast Kansas to the county where I was born and raised. We are in the final stages of purchasing a small ranch property there and are moving tomorrow. As in, 24 hours from now. Unfortunately, we haven’t closed yet on the house so we are living with my dad for a few weeks until the house is ready. Brings back memories of summer breaks from college…
2. The Ninja is almost a PhD. He is wrapping up his doctoral dissertation which he will defend in early September. He has accepted a position with a swine technology and nutrition company and will start shortly after his dissertation. Real world, here he comes!
3. For some time now, this blog has addressed more than just agriculture, K-State and rodeo and it’s really weighed on me because I haven’t felt like I have been adhering to my rules for blogging or giving my goals any justice. However, I realize that blogging is about life and life is made up of more than advocacy – as it turns out, people like to know what is going on in our personal lives! So, going forward, I will continue to post about marriage, agriculture, rodeo, K-State, running, livestock and other topics I find interesting. In fact, in the next few months I’ll even have real life ranch updates. The difference between now and the past is not the content, it’s how I feel about my content. I am going to stop being ashamed of talking about the ins and outs of my life that aren’t agriculture related. I may even change the blog logo and header, who knows!
And now for the 101 in 1001 update, as promised. These days are just flying by and I am needing to jump on it and get some more things accomplished!
To date, I have completed 30 goals and my challenge ends on October 26, 2016. So not halfway done but I also have a lot of goals that are in progress (21 to be exact) so I am confident I can get that number much higher. A few of the goals I have completed since the last update are below.
– Run 3 – half marathons (yes, you read that correctly) 1 – Glass City Half Marathon 4/27/14; 2 – Sioux Falls Half Marathon 9/7/14 (PR! 1:59:02); 3 – Garmin Wickedly Fast Half Marathon 4/18/15 (2:04:05); 4 – Bill Snyder Highway Half 5/23/15 (2:18:01)
I had no idea that I would complete this goal within a year! But am so glad I did – I feel great!
– Learn basic sewing machine skills
– Make a set of curtains using the sewing machine
I made my dad some curtains so that our dogs can’t look in the window and give me sad eyes while we are living at his house.
– Travel internationally – Belize 2015
And we are on track to keep this one going because we are going to spend the month of December abroad!
– Organize and clean office so that it’s functional for two people
Just in time for us to leave, ha!
So there you have it – a mini life update on Buzzard and the Ninja. Anyone have any foolproof packing tips to share with me? I loathe packing, especially kitchen items and things that don’t have a specific category!
Oh, and just for good measure, here’s a picture of my adorable dog.
Until next time,~ Buzzard ~